This truly has come as another big surprise for me and I am extremely grateful for this award. Writing is one of my passions and it keeps me going, even at times when I am at my lowest, yes writing helps me pull through. At a point in my life , I decided to extend my writings to a larger audience, because I wanted to impact, inspire and learn from other people, and alas! the birth of my blog. When I started my blog in June 2017, I was a little bit skeptical and apprehensive as to how my blog was going to be accepted by other people, I didn’t know what to expect, I had no mentor and by mentor, I mean, I had no other person who has been in the blogging world to ask questions, to seek advice from and most especially to draw inspirations from. I was all alone on this, but was very lucky to have the support of my husband, kids( my number 1 fans), Lol! and my siblings.
Little did I know I was going to get the much love and acceptance I received from people reading my articles, let alone get recognized. First was the Liebster Award (Celebration Time!! MaryO-Signature Receives The Liebster Award!) and now the Blogger Recognition Award, this is really awesome right now, and I feel very honored. For all those times I battled with so much technical problems, trying to set up my blog, for all those times I poured out my heart and soul in trying to inspire others and for all those times I almost gave up, but kept going, this recognition makes it all worth it. At this juncture, I would like to appreciate and thank the delectable Serenity Depot (https://www.serenitydepot.com) for nominating me for this honorable award, please check out her wonderful blog that covers a whole lot of interesting and mind-blowing write-ups, where you can find tips and tricks on how to create a serene environment.
My journey so far in the blogging world has not been easy, especially when you try as much as possible to juggle between taking care of the family and blogging, but I must also say that it has been an awesome experience for me. Therefore, my advice to all new bloggers out there are as follows;
- Be As Original As Possible: Choose a niche that you truly are passionate about and create your own contents. This affords you the opportunity to express yourself in totality and helps you love what you do more.
- Be Persistent: Trust me, there are times you get tired and ask yourself if it’s all worth it, but being persistent will get you through this phase. Remember that sometimes, good things don’t come easy, you just need an extra push and you’ll be fine.
- Connect With Other Bloggers: Like they say, “no man is an Island”. As a new blogger, it will definitely be of great benefit to connect with other bloggers on social media, this will help you grow in whatever capacity you want and help you get answers to many questions you may have about blogging. You get to share your contents and also learn from those who have been doing it for a long time.
I have had the privilege to read some amazing articles and posts by some awesome writers in the blogging world, and wish I could nominate all of them as a way of encouraging and recognizing their hard work, because we sure do have a lot of talented writers out there, this however, will not be possible. Therefore, the following are my nominees;
- Chevelle Bedra https://www.darlingceo.com
- Curtis Roscoe http://www.curtisluke.com
- Trupti Bhatt https://www.girlsglamour.in
- Najeem Mujeeb Bamidele http://www.mavicare.com
- Divyanka Krsna https://www.womenlite.com
- Christopher Mauer https://www.trendablaze.com
- Marianne Turkson https://hauteandcomely.co.uk
- Jessica Taylor https://www.mommaslittlereviews.com
- Erin Nicole https://www.heyerinnicole.com
- Gideon Akachukwu Okorie https://www.gidokblog.com
- Matthew Ukwadia http://www.healthphreak.com
- Rakiya Oyewale http://www.underaytedray.co.uk
I want to congratulate all nominees and wish them all the best. I hope you’ll all continue this cycle by participating. If you wish to accept your nomination, you must do the following:
- Write a post to show your award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide the link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give 3 or more advice to new bloggers
- Select at least, ten other bloggers you want to nominate for this award.
- lastly, notify those you have nominated and provide the link to your post where they can check out their nominations.
I also want to seize this opportunity to thank those of you who continually visit my blog, you have all inspired me, one way or the other and is the reason I work harder at what I do. Please do read this post, comment and share, for us to continue to inspire and encourage one another. I remain your humble friend, MaryO-signature.